Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last Man Standing and Ebay

So I've had a bunch of fans ask me this week what "Last Man Standing" is. One buddy said "Hey Andy, I saw you were Last Man Standing. That's good, right?". Well, let me clear it up. In order to keep the racers motivated and the fans excited during qualifying, the IHRA started the Last Man Standing competition. Basically, the quickest WINNING E.T of the Friday and Saturday night qualifying round wins LMS and gets 5 bonus points toward the season points chase. What "WINNING" ET means, is that you have to reach the finish line first. For example, on Friday night, we were racing Terry Haddock in qualifying. We ran a 5.05 and Terry ran a 5.03, so his ET was faster by 2 hundreths of a second. But my reaction time on the tree was 5 hundreths of a second better that Terry's, so I crossed the finish line 3 hundreths of a second before he did....and won Last Man Standing as no one ran a quicker winning ET that night.

Sponsorship is the life blood of our sport, it's what we are working hard to get. We offer a great way for the right Company to get visibility for their products or services, as we perform in front of 40,000 people at every event. It beats TV advertising because no one goes to the bathroom or TIVO's past the Nitro Cars at a Drag Race! Well, sort of for fun, but also seriously, my PR/Marketing guy Paul and I decided to put Kelley Motorsports on Ebay. Yep, we're selling a "single race sponsorship package" on Ebay this week for the World Finals in Rockingham on October 19-21. If you want to see the listing look at Ebay listing number 190157447315. And don't be afraid to bid!!'

We are on our way to Maryland International Raceway and the President's Cup Nationals. We should arrive first thing in the AM and looking forward to the sea-level track and the cool dry air that supposed to be over the Northeast this weekend! Let's hope I can get my four-second run!

No comments: