Tuesday, October 2, 2007

President's Cup wrap-up

Well, wouldn't you know, we smoked the tires again in the first round. It's frustrating. Another race where we qualify in the top half of the field, only to blow off the tires immediately in round one. We made three good passes in qualifying, one in similar conditions, and then Sunday comes and we can't go 10 feet. There has to be something causing this. Obviously we've yet to figure out what it is.

So we're still 27 points behind Terry for third place. That's a gap we can make up in Rockingham if we qualify strong and go a couple rounds. Gilbertson is only 21 points behind us so we have to have a good showing to stay in fourth.

I've had a few people ask me what happened Saturday night during qualifying when I got "no time". We were pumped up, getting ready to take a shot at the 4's. I was wired when I pulled into the lights, and just after I lit the second bulb I swear I saw something flash, and I went. As I launched I caught a glimpse of the tree with only the first bulb lit in the other lane and I knew I screwed up, but I stayed in the throttle and made a decent pass. No time slip though.

Hey, if any of you want to sponsor the car for the final race of the season, go hit Ebay....I had to cancel and re-do the listing. The new Ebay listing number is 190158971359.

No comments: